Frequently Asked Questions
Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers!
This page lists a selection of frequently asked questions & answers that should help you in your search.
I want to obtain information about Watana Wire & Cable Company.Check the information from About Watana Wire & Cable Company on the homepage. If you cannot find the information you need, please describe the information you need in detail and request it.
I would like to get a product catalog by surface mail.An online catalog can be accessed via the homepage. If you want to receive the catalog via surface mail, please e-mail the Online Consulting.
What should I do if I would like to change an order I have made?WWCC has a policy of sending products to our customers as fast as possible. If you would like to change or cancel order, (including changing postal address, delivery channel, and adding or cancelling order list) please contact our Customer Service within 1 hour of placing an order by calling +(856-20) 5531 3131, 5888 9000, 2888 9000 on Monday-Saturday between 8.00am-5.00pm
How can I pay for my order?You can normally choose either to pay by bank transfer or to pay at the door by cash.
What if the delivery is going to be late?We'll try our best to contact you if our Customer Delivery Assistant is running late. However, if you haven't heard from us, please contact our Customer Service.
What do I do if there is a problem with my goods?If there is a problem with your order please contact our Customer Service with your Invoice number and we will get back to you as soon as possible within office hours.
Can I change or return a product that I've bought?If the goods are damaged or lost due to your responsibility, or it is beyond your control to return the goods due to your own fault, the Company doesn't accept returns.
One More Question?
If your query hasn't been answered by these, please call our Customer Service on (+856-20) 5531 3131, 5888 9000 and 2888 9000.
The customer service department is open Monday through Saturday from 8.00 a.m.- 5.00 p.m. (Thai and Lao language support).
4 things you should know before you buy electric wire/cable?
1 Type of wire/cable 2 Size 3 Length 4 Color.
How many types of insulation using in electric wire/cable manufacturing?
Insulation foe electric wire manufacturing generally use 3 types as follow
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
- PE (Polyehtylene)
- XLPE (Cross-link Polyethylene)
What conditions in using electric wire/cable affect its working life?
Cable's life span depends on:
- Electrical Factor i.e. over voltage & over current.
- Physical Factor i.e. impact, compression, bending, torque, vibration etc.
- Water leakage inside cable deteriorates its electrical & physical characteristic.
How their characteristics differ between PVC and XLPE insulation?Heat resistance for PVC 70 oC but for XLPE is 90 oC . When using the same diameter and same voltage, XLPE insulation layer thinner than PVC. Cable with single layer XLPE insulator can be directly implanted underground where as PVC can not be.
What the strong point and weak point of the under ground cable and overhead cable?
- A high reliability supplying currents. There is no hindrance underground i.e. thunder, wind, rain and etc. For that, the supplied currents are always stable.
- It is space saving (especially in the city area), environmentally friendly and unobtrusive.
- Prevent from dangerous high voltage.
- Save on maintenance costs as an underground cable system has longer working life.
- Electrical conduction capability of underground cable is less compare to the overhead cable when using the same diameter of conductor.
- Investment for underground cable system is higher than overhead cable and takes more Time to construct.
- For underground cable, in case faults occur, it takes a longer repair time.